With over 30 years of professional experience as an international DJ, Stevie G is the Sunshine Coast’s most accomplished DJ.
Raised and educated in Washington DC, Stevie launched his music career in 1988 as a DJ at clubs, weddings, and private functions. He then started playing at venues in New York and Miami, before spinning abroad in Spain, Brazil, Mexico, Thailand, Hong Kong, Singapore, The Philippines, Australia and Indonesia.
From 2002, world-renowned restaurant/bar Ku De Ta began flying Stevie from the States to Bali as an imported high season DJ; and in 2005 he moved to the island. Stevie became the longest-running resident DJ at Ku De Ta, where he worked from 2002 to 2018. His soulful and eclectic sets (ranging from lunch to sunset to dinner to late night) garnered Stevie high praise from customers and management alike and he became one of Bali’s most respected and popular DJ’s.
Along with his Ku De Ta residency, Stevie was also hired by massively popular Potato Head Beach Club in 2010, where he maintained a residency until 2018. He played the opening set for most of Potato Head’s major festivals and parties including: Fat Boy Slim (2012 and 2015); Kid Cudi; Foster The People; Sunny Side Up Tropical Festival 2014 and 2016. Stevie was the opening act for Snoop Dogg at the Potato Head Summer Day Party in 2013, where he played before a sold out crowd of over 3,500 people before the headliner took the stage. As a real vote of confidence in his abilities, the venue asked Stevie to play a solo 3.5-hour set before Snoop, a time slot normally split between two DJ’s. In 2016, Stevie was again chosen to play a 3-hour opening set before iconic pop diva, Grace Jones, when she performed live at Potato Head.
Over the years, Stevie played at virtually every venue in Bali and held residencies at Ulu Cliff House, Finns Beach Club, Townhouse, Metis, Hu’u Bar, Mantra, F-Lounge, Double Six Hotel, Azul Beach Club, Mama San, Chandi, La Plancha, La Barca and La Favela.
As well as his regular residencies, Stevie also worked with numerous event organizers in Bali, Jakarta, Singapore, Hong Kong and America and has played at hundreds of wedding and corporate events.
Since moving to Noosa in April 2018, Stevie has quickly established himself as the most experienced DJ on the Sunshine Coast and plays regular gigs at The M.V. Catalina Noosa, Mr. Drifter and Rococo on Hastings Street to name a few.
As a compliment to his live DJ sets, Stevie is also the co-curator and host of the Ku De Ta radio show (http://www.mixcloud.com/kudetaradio). Featuring DJ mixes and sunset-inspired music selections, this weekly programme is broadcast to 120 radio stations across the globe. The show is currently syndicated internationally with over 6 million weekly listeners in over 70 countries, and is also featured on the prestigious Café Mambo radio show in Ibiza each week. Locally, Stevie is a presenter on Noosa’s community radio station (NoosaFM 101.3) where he curates and hosts an eclectic music show called ‘The Full Monty’ every Saturday morning from 6 – 8am.
- September 2020 – Present: Curator and presenter of The Full Monty weekly breakfast radio show on NoosaFM 101.3
- 2018 – Present: Weekly resident DJ at The M.V. Catalina Noosa, Rococo, & Mr. Drifter
- 2019 – Guest DJ at Noosa Boathouse, Cafe le Monde, Circa, Rice Bloi, Full Moon Dance (https://www.facebook.com/verrierdalefullmoondance/) and other Sunshine Coast venues
- 2016 – Present: Curator, co-producer and host of the Ku De Ta Radio Show (www.mixcloud.com/kudetaradio & http://www.kudeta.com)
- 2002-2018: 2nd Resident DJ, Ku De Ta Beach Club, Bali (www.kudeta.com)
- 2010-2018: Original resident DJ, Potato Head Beach Club, Bali (www.ptthead.com)
- 2017-2018: Music director and resident DJ, 8 Degrees Projects, Bali (www.8degreeprojects.com)
- Sunny Side Up Tropical Festival 2014 (Goldroom, RAC, Banks, Azealia Banks and Ellie Goulding) at Potato Head (www.sunnysideupfest.com)
- Sunny Side Up Tropical Festival 2016 (Disclosure, Mark Ronson, Ta-Ku, Breakbot, Blonde, George Maple and Hermitude) at Potato Head
- Summer Syndrome 2012 with Kid Cudi at Potato Head
- Summer Closing Party (2012) with Foster The People at Potato Head
- Soulshine Festival (2013) – closing set after Michael Franti & Spearhead live, Ubud, Bali
- Clockenflap Festival, Hong Kong 2013 (opening set for Niles Rodgers of Chic & Bearded Lady Tent)(https://www.clockenflap.com/history/2013)
- Bestival Bali (2017) (www.theconfluencegroup.com/BestivalBali/)
The Junction (2009, 2010, 2013 and 2014), Bali (www.facebook.com/thejunctionfestival)
- Annual Old Skool Block Party, Ku De Ta (www.kudeta.com)
OPENING DJ FOR:
- Grace Jones (2016) at Potato Head
- Snoop Dogg/Lion (2013) at Potato Head
- Prince (2004) – afterparty set at The House of Secrets, Washington, DC
- Fat Boy Slim (2012 and 2015) at Potato Head
- Flight Facilities (2013) at Hu’u Bar, Bali
- DJ Harvey (2013 and 2016) at Potato Head
- LTJ Bukem (2015) at Ku De Ta
- Rob Garza (Thievery Corporation) at Canibal Royal 2nd Anniversary, Playa del Carmen, Mexico (2011)
- Dimitri From Paris at Club Five, Washington, DC
- Miguel Migs at F Lounge, Bali
- Grandmaster Flash at Poco Loco, Bali
- King Britt at Potato Head
- Osunlade at Hu’u Bar, Bali
- Karizma at Hu’u Bar, Bali
- Nickodemus (Wonderwheel Recordings) at Sol and Ku De Ta, Bali
- Earth, Wind & Fire Experience at Mozaic, Bali
- Femi Kuti at 9:30 Club, Washington, DC